RSS

Audio Postcard – Country Home

22 Sep

Song suggestion: Country Home, Bill Magill
Drink suggestion: Tecate beer (in the red can with twist of lime)

Country Home is the most recent upload to a compilation of new songs I am recording this year. The SoundCloud player below allows you to listen without leaving this page. The following url will take you to my growing compilation of demos titled Balm of Gilead.

I grew up in a country home in central Pennsylvania, poised at the edge of Appalachia and surrounded by dairy farms. Safe, serene, and as thrilling as a glass of warm milk. The sweet smell of summer manure, I remember it well.

Do you remember that first permanent leave from family and home? Perhaps you were off to college or your first real job, or perhaps the pirate inside decided the world was ripe for tasting. That moment of pulling away, watching your childhood home slip into a memory and realizing that from now forward you will always be visiting.  In the summer of 1978 my girlfriend and I made the drive from Newport, Pennsylvania to Waco, Texas in a ’67 convertible Firebird held together with muffler tape and a lot of prayer. Every possession we owned was crammed into the back seat or strapped to the trunk lid. She lasted 3 months (I was not easy company) but I had the great fortune of making incredible college friends who helped me survive that initial jump from the nest. In the end we all do.

This song goes out to them and all the friends who pull us through and give our lives color.

Advertisements

17 Comments

Posted by on September 22, 2012 in Music

17 responses to “Audio Postcard – Country Home

1. Summoners war com2us hack

August 29, 2014 at 4:01 am

I am actually pleased to read this web site posts which carries
    tons of valuable facts, thanks for providing these information.

2. Hotels in Letterkenny

September 1, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Hello everyone, it’s my first visit at this website, and piece of
    writing is truly fruitful for me, keep up posting these content.

3. pen.io

September 2, 2014 at 6:14 am

Excellent post. I’m dealing with many of these issues as well..

4. ministryofcannabis.Com/Pl/

September 2, 2014 at 8:23 am

To trudne do zdobycia wykształconych ludzie na ten , ale się
    wydawać wiesz, co mówisz! Dzięki

5. hair growth for women approved by fda

September 2, 2014 at 11:06 am

Article Source: more information on how to regrow your hair check out Total
    Hair Regrowth Review. Redheads and folks with course hair will typically be higher shedders than blondes or
    those with fine hair. light of one wavelength, not of an entire spectrum like
    a light bulb.

6. ערכה לפריצת מנעולים תל-אביב

September 2, 2014 at 2:53 pm

First of all I want to say fantastic blog! I had a quick
    question that I’d like to ask if you don’t mind.
    I was interested to find out how you center yourself and clear your head prior to writing.
    I have had a tough time clearing my mind in getting my ideas
    out there. I truly do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the first
    10 to 15 minutes are usually wasted simply just trying
    to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or tips?
    Appreciate it!

7. Joeann

September 3, 2014 at 12:00 am

Hello! I know this is kinda off topic but I was
    wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having trouble finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

8. good Muscle building diet

September 3, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Fantastic items from you, man. I’ve bear in mind your stuff previous to and you are simply too
    excellent. I actually like what you’ve obtained here,
    certainly like what you are stating and the way in which in which you
    say it. You make it enjoyable and you continue to take care
    of to stay it sensible. I cant wait to read much more from you.
    That is actually a tremendous site.

9. https://www.rebelmouse.com

September 4, 2014 at 2:20 am

This is my first time visit at here and i am in fact happy to read everthing at alone
    place.

10. water damage repairs

September 4, 2014 at 2:36 am

This is very interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger.
    I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of
    your excellent post. Also, I have shared your website in my social networks!

11. Jesus

September 4, 2014 at 10:56 am

What i do not understood is in truth how you’re no longer
    actually a lot more smartly-appreciated than you might be now.
    You are so intelligent. You recognize thus considerably in relation to this subject, produced me
    for my part believe it from so many varied angles.
    Its like men and women are not interested except it
    is something to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding.

At all times care for it up!

12. Free Trial Chat Line Phone Numbers

September 4, 2014 at 1:00 pm

If you have a test program, follow tthe manual guidelines and
    test the connection. Getting back on the datiing scene can be a bit
    scary foor most. The mdem goes through an internal sync process to establish the connection.
    Things like where you want yourr phone to be located inmside the house need to be
    inn place before you start. Having loose telephone cors can interfere
    with the phone line connection. But yes, if it gets too serious tyen you would have too brace yourself and find out the prankster.

Use tthe pliers and make smal hoo on one end that will be able to pass through tthe hole.

Additional mijutes can be purchased at a conveince store, tobacco shop, or mobile phone store.
    This eliminates the need for additional lines. It’s unfortunate that Hillary’s voice has taken on a satiric life of
    its own of late thanks to cable news channels who oppose her as President and putting heer
    cackle onn audio loops. No more running up and down stairs to deliver the phone, no more
    running outside to deliver a message. Then dial the Spanish
    phone number. After all, the reason you are calling is
    too actually get something done. Whether you are back with much gusto or if you want
    to do it step by step, then these free trial phone chat services are your
    best allies in dating and socializing.

Mostt people are pretty tired of having to go through a series of prompts whenever
    they call any sort of business to get answers to questions.
    You can then press the security coce by pressinng the button on the
    side of each unit andd theen connect the wireless telephone jack to the set
    top box, computer or internet appliance. Of course, incoming calls are free regardless of where
    the cal comes from. You will be sending faxes virtually
    like emails. However, due to the rapid inhcrease in demand,
    more and more companies offering phone line rental services have
    started to sprout out. There is much less competition than ten years ago but far more offers and deals for the average consumer.

In less time, you will realize that you are ready
    to face the dating world in thhe face. What aabout wireless?
    You follow your time aand schedule; youu follow your pacing; you follow your style.

Once all of the jacks are installed. Pull in as much wre as you
    need too do the job inside. See what you accomplished, Hawkeye Pierce!

In olden times, the job to wire a phone jack was officially proceeded by a phone company wherein, they would provie you with a phone device and
    do all thee wiring in your house. Sign up Your Neighbors and Friends Many
    companies offer discounts as much as $50 pper person for apartment buildings and
    other residential units. Best used forr handling
    emails, simple low-content site browsing and other basic
    Internet functions. As if this isn’t aall enough already, GrandCentral also offers yoou
    a very neat option of listenkng in on yiur voicemail, just like ann old fashioned answering machine,
    and picking up the call at any time. People are finding less and less of a need forr landline phone service these days.
    To talk on the phone while connected to Dial-up Internet, a separate phone line is required.

Have this information available if you need to
    call back. Of course there may be ann inconvenience involved in switching
    from your current plan to a plan using only thee Line2 service,
    if that is what you are thinking about doing. Scanning the computer with an antivirus software can help to
    eliminate computer viruses that enter the system through web pages.
    For some budget mkbile phones there are even offers with 12
    months free linne rental on 12 month free contract deals, if all of the cash back is claimd by the customer thedy will effectively have paid nno line ental chargess ovr the contract period, iin other
    words a free mobile phone and only the calls and services aare paid for over and above
    the tariff allocation. For now, Sunrocket customers arre on hold.If there is some
    one want me to recommend a cel phone.

Then you have to look at the additional expenses of having a fax machine.
    Then ther are the outgoing calls as well which are being
    made. This is what did it: Teenagers As anyone who hass a teenager knows, they
    get a lot of phone calls, and they are usually upstairs in their room.

v902 is a multifunction cell phone Do you like a cell phone also can be used as a mini computer?
    Such unavoidable factors too play a major role in slowing down your Internet connection. The
    next important drawback is that iit requires a clear
    view of the southern sky.

If you are afraid they will overuse thheir minutes you could always
    purchase a phone tha only usess prepaid minutes. If youu are getting unidentified calls on your cell phone, start with checking that number ouut onn Google.

This makes these numbers a great marketing tool for new
    start-ups or existing businesses looking to break into
    a certain sector or area. Your present business phone line may
    even be workingg just fine for your needs and wants in modern telecommunications so there seems too be
    noo reason to switch. Head to the hardwarde store or home center tto buy
    supplies aand any toolss that you lack. Here are some of the functions that you
    get no ssue what package you order… Instead, he should invest in a router tto manage the network.

The modem has to carry the same information until the signals have been transmitted to the destination without interruption. This information is
    not easy to find, and any customers feel cheated when they try too disconnect
    their service. For those who are confused between routers and modems, let me clearr the facts.
    It’s a communications hub – the central dot in a mass of spoke applications, all of which allow businesses and individuals
    to talk to each other in hundreds of different ways and onn hundrreds of different devices.

Then again, if Hillary decides to do a phone messagee instead, be sure to wear
    some earmuffs so that final laugh she gives to lighten the mood of
    the times doesn’t break youjr eardrum… The satellite sends data to all the
    receptors in the form of packets (compressed) at the same instant.

The majority of Americans think that they pay too much for phone,
    internet, and cable service but mosst pewople just stare at their bills helpless not knowing how to handle it.
    Unlike flying cars and fast food, the promises made
    during the earliest days of research into cell phones have pretty much come
    to fruition. By pressing firmly on thhe tabs (usually white)
    you will open these slits allowing the wires to be removed.

13. windows 7 activator free download

September 4, 2014 at 2:36 pm

The firms need to hire sensible and professional writers to generate the apt content and articles.
    Plus we were asked to leave it for 12 to 16 hours for each bottle to get magnetized — and that was with huge magnets of a very
    high power. If you are having problems copying the contents of the DVD to a local disk, either the disk is not readable or the lens of DVD drive
    needs cleaning.

14. דלת פנים מחיר

September 4, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Hey There. I found your blog the use of msn. This is a very
    smartly written article. I will be sure to bookmark
    it and return to read extra of your helpful info. Thank you for the post.
    I’ll definitely comeback.

15. ιδιωτικοι ντετεκτιβ

September 4, 2014 at 3:31 pm

This is my first time pay a quick visit at here and i am really happy to read everthing at alone place.

16. Télécharger Des Films Gratuitement

September 4, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Hey there superb website! Does running a blog such as this take a great deal of work?

I have absolutely no expertise in coding but I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future.
    Anyhow, should you have any suggestions or tips for new blog owners please share.
    I understand this is off topic nevertheless I simply wanted to ask.
    Thank you!

17. laser hair therapy helmet

September 4, 2014 at 9:09 pm

They want you to come to the salon on a regular basis so they tell you that you need
    to get a haircut every four to six weeks, but it’s just a way for
    them to make more money. Electrolysis – Electrolysis is a solution which utilizes a needle to kill the
    hair at its root. However, pulling on a scab that was adherent to the skin usually dislodged the graft – often several
    days after pulling on a hair was safe.

%d bloggers like this: